Wednesday 14 September 2011

Last of the Summer Whines


I'm really trying to catch up with myself on blogging all the stuff I've been up to with The Dead Sea Mob recently. Before I can post anything about the live draw we did onboard The HMS Belfast for Sea Shepherd, I'll quickly say a little something about what went down in Brighton a couple of weeks ago.

First off there're the exclusive prints that the wonderful Parliament of Feathers knocked up for us. We sold most of these at 'The Night Shift Masquerade' event, but there might be a few left that you can get your hands on in The Dead Sea Mob Shop.

Photobucket

'The NightShift Masquerade' was a live drawing event masterminded by The DSM Captain and Ollie "Mega" Munden.. Ollie (a Mob associate since day one) got up to draw with the usual Mobsters, new recruit Dan Mumford and honorary Mob member, Harry Draws Pictures in a loosely Tattoo-themed shindig which took place to a huge crowd of good people at The Green Door Store, Brighton.

We got into the swing of things as soon as we dropped anchor in Brighton by booking into Magnum Opus Tattoos with Bob Done for some Mob ink.

Here's me and Drew Millward in the decorative surroundings of the Tattoo Studio as I hit him up with the news that I wanted him to personally rub nappy rash cream into my fresh Dead Sea Mob crest tattoo..

Photobucket

So yeah, I got myself a simplified version of The DSM logo on my back, The Captain got herself a nice bit of heart-shaped rope that I designed, Drew got a pipe-smoking sailor bear designed by Bob (you can kind of see it there on his non-rubbing arm), and Harry got involved and got an anchor on her ankle.

Photobucket

Here's me drawing on the night and a couple of photos of my finished piece..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next day me and Drew dragged ourselves along to a live Posca Pen demonstration for a Brighton Posca stockist called Pussy. We each decorated a canvas in front of a small crowd outside the shop and the finished pieces are now exhibited in the shop's window display..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can see more photos of what everyone else got up to in this great collection of pictures taken by Dar Barrow, HERE.. and there's also a video in the making that I'll post up here as soon as it becomes available.. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment