Thursday 30 September 2010

Happy Birthday Dad


Obviously I didn't want my old man to think that I had just made a card especially for him and not gone to all the trouble of ordering him a personalized one off Moon Pig Dot Com, so I decided to put together this fake one to show how much I care.

The great thing about Moon Pig Dot Com is that you can personalize the card you make online to say the name of the person you're sending it to on the front. The advert that I saw on TV showed someone adapting a Father's Day card to say 'Happy Father's Day, Dad'.. which is weird 'cos that's exactly what my dad's called too.

Anyway, I thought I'd take this concept and try it myself with a pen and paper and a piece of folded card, and I managed to produce something that was almost as good as a Moon Pig Dot Com card.. and definitely better than one of those normal, un-personalized cards like what you get from the shops..


If you try making a fake Moon Pig Dot Com card yourself don't forget the logo for the back. I didn't double check what it looked like before I drew it but, thanks to their ever-present televisual advertising campaign, the company's catchy jingle and pig's-head-in-a-fish-bowl avatar have been permanently burnt into my tiny mind.. and I think it looks something like this..


No comments:

Post a Comment