Saturday 20 June 2009

Skulls to Pay the Bills

Pictorial Showboat's progression in the public sphere is directing more and more bizarre yet brilliant opportunities my way.

The design team at hot shot fashion label John Richmond contacted me the other day to see if I would be interested in decorating some purpose made, plaster-cast skulls, which are going to be displayed in their new Paris store.


'Jonathan Richman?!' was my initial, excitable reaction, followed by the realisation that it was not in fact the musical genius and former Modern Lover, but was still a pretty sweet job nonetheless.  I said 'Yes' and I've been working on them in their swanky Sloane Square studio for a couple of days now. I'm adapting some of their existing, tattoo inspired designs to fit on the skulls and tweaking them a bit with my creative 'steez'. 

Here are a couple of dodgy mobile phone snaps of what I've done so far. Hopefully I'll be able to get some better visual documentation of them when they're finished, but dodgy mobile phone snaps are probably gonna become a regular component of this here Blog so let's just embrace them in all their lo-fi, grainy glory. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment